That Night

The night was unforgettable. The plethora of stars welcomed me to that beguiling balcony which was now our wedding clime. The noises of cicadas were to be heard like an orchestra from the bushes. The borders were embellished and beautified with a copious number of gems and flowers. It was that night, that night which was going to change my entire life. I had been tremendously waiting for this moment, and it had finally arrived. I thought. After waiting for almost seven hours for him, I came back from that night and...

                     “Which dress should I wear on our wedding day?” I asked Harry joyfully. “Dear…wear what you want…” He said hesitantly. I knew what he was going through. This marriage was really against the will of our both parents. I, the princess of Rusa, cannot marry a soldier- that’s what it was. But when you fall in love, everything changes… I had never been so gleeful and beaming as I am now with Harry. Harry is everything to me. And so, we decided to marry each other confidentially. 

         The day had arrived. That night, I was going to enter into an eternal relationship with my love, Harry. It will be that moment, the entire universe will know what love is. Fortunately, my dad was at war so it certainly was the right time. I know it's wrong, but...

                          I reached the balcony and waited, waited, and waited. After waiting for almost the entire night. I came back, filled with tears and a broken heart, “Harry chose the war over me,”.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts