"You can never be a writer"

"You can never be a writer"

The bright glorious rays of the sun fell on my eyes, as if, to wake me up. I opened my eyes and excitement enveloped me. "Today is the day!" I chanted in my mind. I had been working on a story since many days, perhaps, weeks...and finally today, I will show it to my dearest English teacher. With all the enthusiasm , I finally woke up from my bed and travelled my way to the bathroom. After getting refreshed and having my breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and started my way to the school. 
                          I was filled with energy, but nervousness  had also started entering into my mind. I had written a story about "The eye of the wicked lord", a marvelous fantasy story. This was a great one! I was engrossed in my imagination and suddenly, the bell rang. The door swung open and a lady entered the classroom. She had radiant brown eyes with a pale face. She wore a green dress with some white designs on it. And as usual, she had a dazzling smile on her face. Yes, she was my English teacher.
                           I took the story draft from my backpack and stood up to show her. I held the paper to her and said," Miss, I had been working on this story since weeks, can you give me a feedback on it?". She took the paper from my hand and wore her spectacles to read it. Within few minutes, she read my draft and suddenly... she gave my a stunned look and some furious expressions. My heart pounded. Before she could say anything, I knew, she didn't like the story.
                          "Why are you wasting your time in writing these stupid stories? instead you should focus on improving your English!". I was devastated. My half mind was filled with sadness and sorrow where as, my other half was filled with extreme fury and rage. How can she just burn all my hardwork with her disgraceful words? It was pretty disappointing for me. 
                            Tears started flowing from my eyes. I took the draft from her hands and made my way to the seat. But I couldn't forget her last words..."You can never be a writer" but I decided prove her wrong. 
                         

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts