Unexpected

"It's still the same place!" I said in an excitable manner. It's been almost 10 years since my last visit. " Oh! This weeping willow is still the same! even the slides are same! The place is exactly the same!" but the only difference is that, My friend Rose is not here with me...

                               I could sill remember the first time when I met her. Under this weeping willow, our journey of friendship started. "We will be friends forever!" She had said, but who knew, this friendship will really be forever or maybe not...

                               The last time I saw her, was before she went on a ship, Titanic, but there is no confirmation about her survival. The first and the last time I saw her, was under this weeping willow. We held hands and promised  each other once again, to never forget each other. But it seems she has forgotten...

                              Suddenly, my phone rang. I abruptly opened my purse and picked up the phone. "Come quickly! please come as soon as possible!" and my mum hung up. I was pretty shocked at once cause my mum usually don't use such tone. But it was actually hard to tell whether she was happy or sad. I grabbed my car keys and made my way to home. 

                                    I instantly stopped as I saw a girl, probably of my age, and to my surprise, she seemed a bit familiar. My mom was standing besides her with a broad smile on her face. I recognized the girl...Rose! I whispered in a sobbing voice. Tears had started rushing from our eyes. " Atleast we met on a different place!" I said and we both laughed with tears still rushing from our eyes.    

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts