The Tent

 I can't remember it well... I suppose, I was 5 years old when I did something mischievous for the first time. It was not something casual, not something childish or not something funny. I sort of disappeared my own brother...

                               He was 2 years old. He was extremely endearing with pink chubby cheeks. I guess, he would be the cutest person I have ever seen. And so, after observing his beauty for 10 minutes, I took him to my itsy-bitsy tent. 

                                My parents had bought the tent few days ago. It had a scarlet red colour with some cartoon drawn on it. I had each and every thing in it, from my toothbrush to my dresses. I took my charming brother in it and he...started crying. I was pretty much small to handle it, but somehow I managed to calm him. After spending 15 mins to calm him, he finally slept!

                               He was looking as beautiful as rose with his rosy cheeks. I hugged him tightly. And as every 5 year old does, I ran off the tent...leaving my brother inside. 

                                 And, to mention something more creepier, I had closed the door of my room. 

                                After 2 hours of playing with my friends, I got home.  And saw that my mom was crying. It was pretty scary at first. I asked her "Why are you crying?". She said "We can't find your brother!" "I know! He is in my tent!" I said with excitement.

                                Everyone rushed into the room and saw... that he was peacefully sleeping in the tent. My mom tightly hugged him. And I knew what was going to happen with me...   

             

Comments

  1. So cutie, the incidence appeared before my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. Your brother is still as cute as he was at the age of 2. Exceptionally well-written story. It reminded me the 'Chicken Soup for the Soul'. Keep up the excellent work.
    Ms. Leena Sengupta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts