Happenstance- II

( To get the link of the story, please read the part 1 before you read this)

 "Ah! Why am I overthinking so much!? He is an author! he can write anything he want, to engrave the reader into the story. I guess I am pretty exhausted due to these hectic schedules. I should rather relax for some days."

                                 " Adrien! you had promised me something!" My mom came shouting from the hallway. I remembered something. "Sorry mum, not today". I said in a grating tone. But as she rushed into my bedroom, I could detect her angriness. She had been requesting me since a long time, to go out with her. And today was her day. " Get ready soon, we have to go out!, and be in a formal dress" She said in an enraged voice. Well, what could I do now? I got ready and grabbed the car keys.

                                      "Mom, at least tell me where are we going?" I asked. "Not until we reach," she said. I knew my mother so well that there was no point in extending the conversation. She won't reveal much. After a while, we finally reached.

                                          The car stopped in front of a royal church. It was gracefully decorated with various luminous fairy lights. There were hundreds and thousands of people, dressed in elegant and ravishing outfits, as if there was going to be a vast event and especially grand.

                                             "Mom, can you tell me why are we here?" I asked in a stunned tone. "My friend's daughter is getting married and if I'd told you earlier, you would have never come. Won't you ask why it is so royal and elite? She is a legislator!"

                                          As I heard the word legislator, a chill went through my spine. My heart pounded. I recalled. A legislator getting married, the book, my suspicions, were all correct! " A perfect happenstance!" I whispered and reloaded my gun. I knew what I had to do...

                                            

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts