Happenstance -I

 Sometimes, the greatest enemy of the evil is a happenstance and it is frightening. 

                                                                                                                                    ~Unknown

                        As the clock chimed 12, I pulled the trigger. I can almost hear the bullet running down the barrel and making a hole in the skull of the man standing infront of me. I might have imagined it all. But the truth is that, now I have a man who has a hole through his head and blood pulling around him. Though, it's my duty...

                       I met this guy a week back. I would describe him as a gracious person, an intelligent friend and a terrible monster. But his disgrace was yet to come. It was a Saturday morning when I first saw him. It wasn't usual for me to take a week off but the strain of recent cases and a hectic work schedule forced me to take a mini vacation.

                          Mark was with me when I boarded my flight from Bangkok to Krabi. He was on the seat just next to me. He struck up a conversation with me and instantly, we became good friends. However, the first topic which he chose for our conversation was quiet a bit contradicting and very unusual. He hated politicians. (Everyone has their own preferences. Though it's not good for a first conversations.) Moreover, not only was he disrespecting them, but also he created a negative image of them through his writings. Mark had a quick wit and a flare for languages. I could have almost guess that he was an author. I vowed to pick some books when I left the airport.    

                                   After gruelling 6 months in my job, I wanted nothing more, but to sit on a chair infront of an open window and read a good book with a hot cup of tea. As I sack down reading the books given by Mark,( all his books were of murder mystery) somethings struck me. I never told Mark about my job ( Cause talking to an FBI agent can be quiet intimidating)  besides, the books were eerily describing the recent murders of the politicians that I had been investigating. It was pretty suspicious cause these things are very much confidential.

                                 I remembered, in our conversation, Mark had letslip that he was working on a book named "The bloody bride" about some legislator as a protagonist. Mine being an investigating mind, knew that a murderer had confessed his next murder...

                                                                To be continued...                                 ~Sayee

Comments

  1. Oh my God this is so good , when is the next part coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god!!!! This is crazy. Can't wait for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the next part...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb!!! Can't wait for the next part!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts