"And confidence started hypnotizing me..."

 I tried to stay calm but the atmosphere around me was a bit tensed. My hands were trembling and my heart was pounding like a drum . I was burning with fright even though the auditorium was freezing cold. I knew, it was my turn.  A chill went through my spine as I heard "Now we present... Miss Sayee!" said the anchor.

                   I stood up. I took small footsteps and climbed the narrow staircase. The glaring white lights fell upon me. I could hear the roaring of  the audiences, cheering my name aloud. This made me even more conscious. " You have only one chance to prove your potential..." I remember my mum's words. "Yes mum! I will" I replied in my mind.

                  Strength had started approaching me. Through my quivering hands, I grabbed the mic. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a minute. "I can and I will!" I chanted in my mind. After convincing my mind, finally, I opened my eyes. I could see hundreds and thousands of people waiting for me to start. 

                The pianist gave me a great start. I started. The song was written by grandmother. "Confidence" was it's name. And I created a picture of it, through my voice. After a while, I was feeling a bit comfortable. I was never ever a confidant girl, but today, this song taught me the meaning of it. I was enjoying it! and the appreciation of the audiences also gave me the courage to give even more better.

" And confidence started hypnotizing me..." I ended my song by these few words. "Once more! Once more!" the audience screamed with enthusiasm. But... the curtains had covered the scintillating stage.

                                                                                                                                         ~Sayee.J  

  

Comments

  1. Wow seriously loved the story ❤️💓💓💗💓❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing description!!❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Loved your description and vocabulary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually feeling the Atmosphere 👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep rocking dear. Awaiting to experience this moment in reality

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazing how gracefully you can put your thoughts into words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woaah this is so good, love the way you described your experience

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sayee, The way u describe the event is superb.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little princess....so talented...😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts